Monday, August 18, 2008

Tout


I’ve never really understood personalized license plates. Putting some cutsie name, which is probably spelt wrong, on the front and back of my car doesn’t seem like something I’d like to spend extra money on, but maybe I’m missing the point.

I noticed this license plate in my parking garage at work. As a general statement, I don’t believe you should flaunt your accomplishments. I’m all about being proud of goals set and reached, but by adverting the accomplishment well after the initial completed task I think it may loose something.

I’m not saying this as a blanket statement. However, if something is really worth working toward and attainting, then you really shouldn’t be in it for the bragging rights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying the fact that you spelled "spelt" wrong in a sentence about spelling. Oh, irony.

Who We Are said...

Damn, damn, damn ... I suck.